This week both Adam and Dave have had to take care of some stuff. But never fear! Astrobase progress has not halted.
This week I started with making the first pass on a system to manage special effects. This allows us to bundle particle, sound, and other effects into one package. Set up timing and other things on each part of the total effect. This allows not only for a lot more control of how they are played to make a cohesive whole, but also enables a greater amount of re-use of the individual effects.
In addition to that I recorded, processed, and cleaned up some complementary mocap. Specifically generic conversational animations, eating animations, and working animations. This should make working feel more varied and let the characters conversations not only be made up of emotive animations.