Things have been a little quiet while we’ve been waiting for our baggage to clear customs after our holidays on the family obligation planet of Laguna Prime. But we’re back now, and our January 7th Greenlighting on Steam has filled our solar sails with plenty of wind. We’re ready to hit the new year running.
As most of you know, we didn’t reach our Kickstarter funding goal. It is not the end of the world, though. We made tons of friends (you incredible people), gained hard-to-earn exposure, and learned more about what you think will make Astrobase Command the best possible game.
We have re-worked our schedule, to account for the piles of cash we can’t surf on around the office, and this is what’s on our plate:
SHORT TERM (January – May 2014)
- We’re now re-architecting the game’s parts to give us a firm foundation. The video demo you saw was put together in a piecemeal fashion as we were adding features to the game. We’re now building Astrobase into a cohesive product.
MID TERM (May – August 2014)
- Develop placeholder assets. There’s lots of art, bits of story, and sound that needs to go into this so that you can have something to mess around with.
- We’re going to give the website a makeover.
- Testing, testing, testing.
- Oh, and we’re aiming for a release on Steam Early Access in the summer. Obviously, this isn’t a firm date, and things can change during production, but this is where we’ve got our sights set at the moment.
LONG TERM (September 2014 and beyond)
- Nail down the game’s final look and feel.
- Hire talented artists to bring the level of polish to make Astrobase really shine
- Testing, testing, and more testing.
So that’s it for now. We’ll keep you posted as we keep moving things along. We may even have some eye candy to show off in the future.
In the meantime, keep up all the great discussions on the forums. They’re giving us plenty of ideas, and encourage your friends to swing by and take a look.